Supportive Housing Program for Veterans Wins Vanguard Award
The National Affordable Housing Management Association (NAHMA), awarded Blue Butterfly Village, our permanent supportive housing for previously homeless veterans and their families, with a Vanguard Award in the category of Major Rehab of existing rental housing.
The Vanguard Award celebrates success in the multifamily affordable housing industry by recognizing and benchmarking new, quality multifamily affordable housing development and major rehab. The award–
- Pays tribute to developers of high-quality affordable housing
- Demonstrates that exceptional new affordable housing is available across the country, and that it is a positive addition to any neighborhood
- Demonstrates that the affordable multifamily industry must be creative and innovative to create exceptional properties given the financing and other challenges to development
- Highlights results of private-public partnerships required to develop today's affordable housing
- Shares ideas for unique design and financing mechanisms with industry practitioners to further stimulate creative development in the affordable multifamily industry
The Vanguard Award program makes it clear that the affordable housing industry succeeds in creating housing that is safe, attractive, modern, and well maintained – and that residents in this housing are often aided in ways rarely addressed in conventional rental housing settings.
Meet two families, one of whom is pictured above, whose lives were changed by living in Blue Butterfly Village: